How to Do a Successful Text Marketing Campaign
With the advent and subsequent explosion of mobile devices has come many new marketing opportunities. Savvy marketers and businesses are using social media strategies to reach out to prospects and existing customers in many new ways.
Additionally, since most people use cell phones that include text messaging, this has presented yet another fruitful marketing opportunity in the digital age. Below are some tips on how to do a successful sms campaign.
1. Target markets. The most important aspect of any marketing campaign is to understand who the target audience is. One of the best ways to take full advantage of the benefits surrounding this knowledge is to study social media networks to find the people who are already using products and services similar to yours.
2. Types of messages. The next step is to ascertain what kinds of messages the target market would respond to. This entails developing industry specific messages designed to motivate prospects, customers and potential new audiences.
3. Call to action. The most clear call to action will make it easy for people to understand what you would like them to do and immediately take action on the message. Those are the two most important aspects to be concerned with. If the message is too complicated, people will lose interest very quickly.
a. Focus on the interaction. Ensure that the message frequency is established and adhered to. Also, pay attention to addressing all customer needs as they arise. For example, if someone wants to opt out, make the process easy. Otherwise, you risk the chance of damaging the business reputation, which hurts the brand.
b. Be timely and relevant. Ensure that all messages pertain to the text campaign. If the campaign concerns some form of information alert, it would not be appropriate to submit coupons. Always be sure to send messages at respectful times so that they do not disrupt late evening or sleep. Take note of when most responses are received and arrange to send messages at those times.
SMS Marketing Campaigns
Below are some of the strategies that text campaigns may be used for effectively:
1. Loyalty and Reward Programs. Most industries today have become dependent upon consumer loyalty. Incorporating rewards into the mix can go a long way toward developing strong customer relationships. Using short codes to offer coupons for discounts and free services usually get good responses.
2. Contests. Enter to win sweepstakes using text messages is a great marketing strategy to build brand awareness. An in-store signup can easily be transformed into a fruitful mobile marketing campaign.
3. Coupons. Any business can benefit from a coupon campaign. From restaurants to service providers, all of these businesses can create databases with customer mobile phone numbers from various marketing channels. This is an effective tool for driving in-store traffic on days when it is needed.
The above are just some of the many ways to successfully execute an SMS text marketing campaign to attract prospects, while better engaging with current customers.